Monday, August 10, 2009

Our Journey So Far!

My husband and I started the HCG diet three weeks ago using the homeopathic drops. We are so pleased and happy with our progress! To date the man is down 19 lbs. and I am down 14 lbs. I had been dieting previously (Jenny Craig) and it has taken me only three weeks to lose what it took me 3+ months to lose on Jenny. We follow Dr. Simmeon's diet protocol (with a few variations) and the 500 VLCD (Very Low Calorie Diet) has been extremely "doable".

Recipe of the day:

Lemon Zest Crab cakes
3.5 ounces real crab
1 garlic clove (minced)
1 T. onion powder
1⁄4 t salt
1⁄4 t. pepper
1 t. dry mustard
Juice of 2 lemon wedges
1 T. parsley
1 t. lemon zest
Mix everything together and put into 2 small patties. Place in a baking dish and bake for 15 minutes and place on serving dish.

***I subtracted a little crab and replaced it with 1 egg white to four patties (double recipe). This helped bind the ingredients and hold them together. Bake at 425 for 15 minutes. SO YUMMY! I served it with asparagus. What a treat.

2 comments:

  1. How do you mix the powder to get started? What equipment do I need? Did you do the shots or sub-lingual?
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. Could you give more information about the VLCD. Give me an example of what you can eat in one day and what kind of food. Or maybe a week at a glance. Love that you are giving recipes.
    Malisa

    ReplyDelete