Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Orange Chicken Salad and an Update!

Salad
6 oz. chicken, diced
2 large english cucumbers, sliced
4 small mandarin oranges (segmented)
2 T. onion, minced
Dressing
Juice from one small orange
2 T. lemon juice
2 T. vinegar (I like Bragg's all natural apple cider-more of a bite)
2 t. chopped fresh tarragon (or equivalent dried)
Stevia or Sugar Substitute to taste (this really brings out the flavors!)
Season with Salt and Pepper

Combine salad ingredients and toss with dressing. Marinate at least 30 minutes
***Serves 2

The shipment has left the lab and is on it's way. If you have pre-ordered with me, I will send you a paypal invoice and ship asap!!!

I am super proud to announce that I have successfully finished my first round of Phase 2 (the drops) and have lost a total of 23 lbs! I am enjoying adding some fats to my diet and of course eating a lot more than 500 calories. The two 500 calorie days without the drops weren't bad at all. I was really worried and managed just fine. I think it has something to do with the fact that we are having a major heat wave and I have NO appetite. I also worked out for the first time in a year yesterday-it felt so good. I'M BACK!!!

1 comment:

  1. Yum! I am going to have to try this recipe. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete